Thank you for considering the PIVO Event Center as the venue for your event. It is air conditioned, smoke free and handicapped accessible. With 4500 square feet of space, there is seating for 350 to 400 people. The Event Center features a large hardwood dance floor and a private bar with 12 PIVO taps, non-alcoholic drinks, wine, and canned alcoholic guest beverages.
The PIVO Event Center was built in 2019 and is attached to PIVO Brewery and Blepta Studios, which opened in 2017. The taproom has 40 taps and is open to the public Thursday-Saturday 11am-10pm, and Sunday 11am-6pm. Guests at the Event Center are welcome to also visit the taproom when it is open.
Rental Options & Pricing
If booking less than 12 weeks (and at least 6 weeks) before your event date, use the low season rate!
High Season (March-November)
Multi-Day Rental: $2500
Single Day Rental: $1000
Thursday Rental: $500
Low Season (December-February)
Multi-Day Rental: $1800
Single Day Rental: $600
Thursday Rental $500
Access to the Event Center for the weekend: 11:00 am Friday to 6:00 pm Sunday
Bartenders on Saturday night are included in this rental fee.
You will be able to choose 11 PIVO kegs and 6 canned alcoholic drinks about two months before your event. The Event Coordinator will give you a list to choose from, or we can choose for you. The standard selection of wine and non-alcoholic drinks appearing on our taproom menu will also be available.
Access on a single day (Friday - Wednesday) between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
A bartender or table service is included in this fee, please discuss with the event coordinator. If you will have more than 75 guests, you will have the option of choosing 11 PIVO kegs and 6 canned alcoholic drinks to have in the event center. If your group will be 74 or fewer people, we may opt to provide table service from the taproom bar instead.
Access on a Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you wish to have a bartender or table service in the Event Center for your event, an additional fee of $10/bartender/hour will be charged.
Some holidays may be excluded from this special rate (the day before, day of, and day after Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc).
Inquiries about available dates can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The date will be locked in when a signed contract and full rental fee are received.
If the renter cancels their event for any reason, refunds will be issued as follows:
- 12 or more: 100% Refund of total paid
- 11: 90% Refund of total paid
- 10: 80% Refund of total paid
- 9: 70% Refund of total paid
- 8: 60% Refund of total paid
- 7: 50% Refund of total paid
- 6: 40% Refund of total paid
- 5: 30% Refund of total paid
- 4: 20% Refund of total paid
- 3: 10% Refund of total paid
- 2 or less: $0
If PIVO Blepta LLC may be forced to cancel a lease agreement prior to the event due to a declared state of emergency, unsafe environmental or health conditions, interrupted utility services, or other unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, the renter agrees that PIVO Blepta LLC shall not have responsibility for anything the renter may suffer or incur due to such a cancellation. The Event Coordinator will attempt to notify the renter as soon as possible if such cancellation occurs. All fees paid to the Event Center by the renter shall be refunded to the renter if the reservation is cancelled by PIVO Blepta LLC.
The event coordinator will ask the renter to make their set up preferences known at least two weeks before the event. PIVO Event Center staff will set up the tables, chairs, and black tablecloths as requested. White tablecloths are available for an additional fee. You will be given an access code for the keypad at the attached garage. You are encouraged to use this entrance for your set-up and clean-up access.
The renter is responsible for the following before the end of the contracted rental period:
- Place all trash into the event center garage. Please make an effort to pour liquids down the drain instead of pouring liquids into the garbage bags.
- Remove all decorations and personal items from the facility. This includes confetti and glitter.
- Return the kitchen to the same condition it was in before the rental began, including but not limited to the floors, countertops, sinks, and equipment. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
Pivo Event Center staff will clean our tables, tablecloths, chairs, floor, and bar area.
Drinks are priced by the serving, so there is no need to purchase whole cases or kegs. There are several options for how to handle the bar tab (see below). You may opt to have an open bar for non-alcoholic drinks and a cash bar for alcoholic drinks. However, if any alcoholic drinks are included in the open bar, then all alcoholic drinks offered are included in the open bar. If any alcoholic beverages are offered, then PIVO products will be included. Said another way, you can’t have only cans of Busch Light.
Options for the Event Center bar:
- Open bar. All guests will be served at the bartender’s discretion. A 20% gratuity will be added to the bill. The bill will be paid by the person named on the rental agreement at the conclusion of the event. A hand stamp or wristband can be used if you wish to make sure only your guests (and not the general public) are being included in the open bar.
- Drink tickets. The PIVO Event coordinator will provide you with an agreed-upon number of drink tickets. You will distribute them as you wish. Guests will present drink tickets to the bartender. A 20% gratuity will be added to the bill. The bill will be paid by the person named on the rental agreement at the conclusion of the event.
- Cash bar. Guests will pay for their beverages. Tip jars will be placed on the bar.
No beverages (except milk and non-alcoholic punch) may be brought into the PIVO Event Center. A penalty of $300 per offense will be charged if unauthorized beverages are discovered, including distilled spirits. Drinking alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the parking areas. All beverages (except authorized beverages brought in) will be served by PIVO Event Center staff and only Event Center staff are allowed behind the bar. Underage drinking is strictly prohibited. Beverage prices and availability are subject to change.
The renter agrees to follow these policies and to enforce them with all participants:
- All renters and guests shall comply with all City Ordinances, Iowa State Statutes, Federal Laws, and the policies set in this contract. Some examples of prohibited activities are illegal gambling, adult entertainment, excessive noise, and disorderly conduct. The renter shall assume full responsibility for any unlawful act committed in the exercise of the lease.
- The building and premises are subject to 24-hour video surveillance.
- Renters shall supervise the conduct of the participants at their event.
- Children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Renters will be fully responsible for any damage to the facility or equipment. Any damage to the facility or equipment must be reported as soon as possible.
- Nothing shall be taped, pinned, or affixed to the walls, ceilings or windows other than by using the hardware already installed and designed for such use. We do allow products designed to be removed without damaging surfaces (Command hooks for example).
- Candles and open flames are not permitted.
- Absolutely no sitting or standing on the tables by any renter or guest.
- No fireworks, firecrackers, Chinese lanterns or anything of the sort are allowed.
- This is a smoke free indoor facility. Smoking is permitted in the outdoor courtyard.
- Caterers and renters are welcome to use the event center kitchen and must return the kitchen to the same condition in which it was found. Caterers must be licensed and insured.
- All persons and any items brought in must leave the Event Center at the end of the contracted time.
- PIVO Blepta LLC is not responsible for theft or damage to items that have been left in the Event Center or the parking areas before, during, or after the event.
- The renter may not sublet the facility, nor may the application be transferred or assigned. All renters must be at least 21 years of age.
- PIVO Blepta LLC reserves the right to end any event early if policies are violated.
- Renter is responsible for the conduct of persons participating in your event and persons hired by renter and renter’s group to work at the event. Renter, renter’s guests, and renter’s hired vendors must use the facility in a safe and reasonable manner
- Renter shall take complete responsibility for the conduct of its group or others present during the rental period, and agree to compensate PIVO Blepta LLC for all damages to the facility, equipment, or other property incurred during the rental period.
- Renter assumes all liability for any personal injuries, including death, caused by participants at the scheduled event. Any disputes or claims of liability involving such providers of services are matters strictly between Renter, the event participants, and the providers. You agree that neither you nor the participants at your event shall file any claim against or involve PIVO Blepta LLC in any legal action regarding such matters.
- $50 if using our white tablecloths. The use of our black tablecloths is complementary.
- $2 place setting rental (ceramic dinner plate, ceramic salad plate, fork, knife, and spoon). These will be provided to you clean and in storage containers for your use. Renter will have them clean and dry and returned to their storage containers without damage by the end of the rental period.
- $1 for each glass goblet full of water at a place setting. PIVO staff will handle all the setup and cleanup of the glassware. Water served from the bar or from our self-serve water station is complimentary.
- $30/hour/security personnel if it is determined that this is needed, such as a large music concert. The officer cannot be a guest at the event). The renter will be responsible for paying this charge at the same time the basic facility rental charge is paid.
- $30 non-sufficient funds fee.
- $300 penalty per offense for outside alcohol brought on the property